Wednesday 4 April 2012

Britain's Got Talent 2012 - Week 2

This week we started in Blackpool. Blackpool is supposedly the home of variety entertainment and we are yet to see this on Britain’s Got Talent. The show started with a whole plethora of dreadful acts, such as the girl playing a recorder whilst her Dalmatian clearly howled in terror at her dreadful playing – the inspiration behind the act is still unknown. But then, xylophone player Ashley Elliott graced the stage and blew me away! Not only was he a brilliant player, he actually made the xylophone seem like a pretty cool instrument to play.

We then moved to Birmingham which I managed to spot myself in the audience! I am one step closer to being famous! But anyway, our first act was Beatrix Von Bourbon who offered us an interesting act to say the least. Kids, I hope you covered your eyes because this was a little bit naughty! Of course Simon was going to say yes to this semi-nude lady but I wonder what she’s got to offer next... The Mend was the next act Birmingham had to offer us. Admittedly when I was in the audience I looked out this group and didn’t expect much from them but a badly sung rap song, however they proved me wrong big time and I hope they go far in the competition.

Back to London again this week where Carmen Electra is back filling in for the lovely Amanda. We are introduced to what they dubbed themselves as ‘an older little mix’, DeJa Vu. The less said about them is probably better. Next up, it’s the Twist & Pulse Dance Company who, formed by 2010’s runner up act Twist & Pulse, blew us away! Quintessentially they have what it takes to win the competition but could we have repercussions of what happened to Twist & Pulse back in 2010? Only time will tell.

A quick jump back Blackpool where we are blown away by 19 year old Ryan O'Shaughnessy who does a beautiful song that he wrote himself. If he does not make it to the at least the semi-finals, if not the final, then what hope does Britain have left?!

A little round up of the judges as I have said far too much about the acts for which I can only apologise for! David Walliams was of course on top form as per usual providing the best witty lines – such as "If you don't take your coat off, you're not going to feel the benefit when you go outside." Amanda Holden and Alesha Dixon were both beautiful as they usually are and Simon Cowell was simply Simon and that’s all you can ever really say about him. What a great show we had and I cannot wait to see what the rest of the series holds for us!!

Seeing as I spotted myself on this episode I thought it might be nice for you to have a gander at me and my friend Ollie sitting in the audience of the show in Birmingham. I must warn you this is a candid image and neither of us knew it was taken... until later on that evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment